Best Web Design Companies In The US
Did you know that 90% of visitors would leave a website that has a poor design?
We’ve researched and ranked the best web design companies in the US that build appealing websites that attract the eyes of your audience and boost conversions. Here are the top three:
Zürich-based design & technology agency specialized in designing, building and managing custom websites and mobile apps. ICON provides digital services for global leaders in various industries, including finance, healthcare & edu.
Featured clients: Credit Suisse, Actelion, Johnson & Johnson
97 Switch specializes in custom web design and development, content creation and digital marketing. They have served many industries such as hospitality, food & beverage and healthcare.
Featured clients: Mobile Doorman, theWit, Viper Alley.
Top Web Design Companies In USA – 2020 Rankings
Here is the full list of the top-ranked web design companies in the USA. Review these carefully selected agencies based on their location, team size and average rates to choose the right partner for your business.
|COMPANY||WEBSITE||LOCATION||TEAM SIZE||AVERAGE RATE||MINIMAL BUDGET
|1. Digital Silk||digitalsilk.com||Florida||50 - 99||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|2. ICON Worldwide||icon-worldwide.com||Switzerland||Under 49||$50/hr||$10,000+|
|3. 97 Switch||97switch.com||Illinois||Under 49||Inquire||Inquire|
|4. MAXAUDIENCE||maxaudience.com||California||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|5. Ignite Visibility||ignitevisibility.com||California||Under 49||Inquire||Inquire|
|6. Paragraphs LLC||paragraphs.com||Illinois||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000+|
|7. IPNY||ipny.com||New York||Under 49||$250/hr||$50,000+|
|8. iTechArt Group||itechart.com||New York||1000 & Up||$35/hr||$25,000+|
|9. The Future Forward||thefutureforward.com||New York||Under 49||$180/hr||$25,000+|
|10. Crafted||craftedny.com||New York||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|11. KitRUM||kitrum.com||Florida||100 - 249||$50/hr||$10,000+|
|12. Anderson Collaborative||andersoncollaborative.com||Florida||Under 49||Inquire||$1,000+|
|13. Treefrog Cinegraphix, LLC||treefrogcx.com||Florida||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|14. WaveAccess||wave-access.com||Nevada||250 - 499||$60/hr||Inquire|
|15. Resourcifi||resourcifi.com||California||100 - 249||$30/hr||Inquire|
|16. Robyn and Robyn||robynandrobyn.com||California||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|17. Neuron||neuronUX.com||California||Under 49||$175/hr||$10,000+|
|18. VironIT||vironit.com||California||100 - 249||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|19. metajive||metajive.com||California||Under 49||$165/hr||$10,000+|
|20. Brolik||brolik.com||Pennsylvania||Under 49||$165/hr||$25,000+|
|21. UPQODE||upqode.com||Tennessee||50 - 99||$50/hr||$1,000+|
|22. BMG MEDIA||bmgmediaco.com||Michigan||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|23. Techliance||techliance.com||Utah||Under 49||$20/hr||$1,000+|
|24. Website Developers India||wdipl.com||India||Under 49||$10/hr||$1,000+|
|25. Mumble||mumbleideas.it||Italy||Under 49||$55/hr||$10,000+|
|26. Semaphore Mobile, LLC||https://www.semaphoremobile.com||Texas||Under 49||$65/hr||Inquire|
|27. LeadValets||leadvalets.com||Missouri||Under 49||$460/hr||Inquire|
|28. Envision Dennis Romano LLC||envisiondr.com||New Jersey||Under 49||$137/hr||$10,000+|
|29. Tegra||tegra.co||California||Under 49||Inquire||$1,000+|
|30. SEO.com||seo.com||Utah||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000+|
|31. Idea Marketing Group||ideamktg.com||Illinois||Under 49||$125/hr||$10,000+|
|32. JRB Team||jrbteam.com||Illinois||Under 49||$125/hr||Under $1,000|
|33. Share Media Agency||sharemediaagency.com||Florida||Under 49||$35/hr||$1,000+|
|34. Edenspiekermann||edenspiekermann.com||California||50 - 99||$250/hr||$50,000+|
|35. Table XI||tablexi.com||Illinois||Under 49||$195/hr||$50,000+|
|36. Highland Solutions||highlandsolutions.com||Illinois||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|37. Leverage||leveragestl.com||Missouri||Under 49||$100/hr||$10,000+|
|38. Its on Media||itsonmedia.com||California||50 - 99||$200/hr||$1,000+|
|39. Double Up Digital||doubleup.digital||Georgia||Under 49||$28/hr||$1,000+|
What Makes Web Design Companies In The USA Unique?
Just like any other agency around the world, website design companies in the USA design websites that are both aesthetically pleasing and easy to use.
They focus on UX/UI to create sites that suit your business’ needs, are easy to navigate and provide your clients with a satisfactory experience.
However, there are several facts that make web design companies in the USA] stand out from other firms around the globe:
It Has The Largest Economy In The World
With a nominal GDP of $21.44 trillion, the US currently has the largest economy in the world.
- Nondurable manufacturing
Operating in this global hub, the top web design companies in the USA have a deep understanding of the major industries worldwide.
They know your target market and competition well. So, they have accumulated deep niche expertise and can offer you a high-quality website that will accelerate your business growth.
It Has The Most Competitive Market Globally
The World Economic Forum’s report on global competitiveness showed that the US achieved a score of 85.6% (out of 100%).
Followed by Singapore, Germany and Switzerland, the Land of Liberty holds the first place as the world’s most competitive economy.
This highlights the fact that the best web design companies in the US are notorious for their innovation capacities in the tech industry.
To meet the demanding needs of their clients they are bound to stay up-to-date with the latest trends in web design as well.
Above all, they have access to advanced technologies and premium tools which has turned them into the finest experts in the world that offer high-end services and outstanding products.
What Does A Website Design Company In The USA Do?
Similarly to other designers around the globe, web design companies in the USA specialize in:
- Doing market research
- Analyzing competitors
- Defining clients’ goals
- Building websites’ databases and layouts
- Creating images, graphics, color schemes and fonts
- Focusing on UX/UI design
- Paying attention to SEO
- Developing navigational elements
- Making websites mobile-friendly
- Providing clients with post-launch support
- And more
However, unlike other web design firms around the world, they:
- Possess superior technical skills
- Understand the local business environment the best
- Have acquired domain expertise in the country’s leading industries such as technology, retail, healthcare and finance.
What Are The Different Types Of Web Design Companies In The USA?
We can divide the web design companies in the USA into several categories based on:
- The services they offer: Most of these firms provide businesses with a full range of web design services while others tend to particularly specialize in consulting.
- The type of businesses they serve: The top web design companies in the USA have different types of clientele. So, some of them tend to work with startups and small agencies, while others focus on serving well-established brands.
- Their location: These firms are based in different locations such as New York, Miami, Chicago and California.
How Much Do Best Web Design Companies In The US Charge?
The top web design companies in the USA might offer you different pricing structures.
The most common fees are:
- Per project
- Per hour
The cost per project will depend on several key factors including:
- The number of pages you need
- The number of components and features your website will have
- The complexity of the design
In this case, the best web design companies in the US may ask between $1000 and $100,000, sometimes even more.
The fee per hour ranges between $50 and $150. And, it is usually determined by the agencies’ experience, size and seniority.
The result-based billing plan will depend on specific KPIs that the top web design companies in the USA should deliver to get paid.
5 Reasons To Hire A Website Design Company In The USA
Here are the top five reasons why you should invest in a web design company in the USA:
1. Leverage Their Technical Skills
In 2019, mobile devices brought 52.6% of the total website traffic. (Statista)
The number of users who browse the web from their mobile devices is booming.
This urges the necessity of having a website that has a mobile-friendly design.
Thanks to the high-end services it offers, your web design company in the USA will provide you with a website that works great on different devices and screen sizes.
This will allow you to reach a wider audience and capture more organic traffic.
2. Take Advantage Of Their Industry Experience
The best web design companies in the US specialize in creating websites for some of the major industries around the globe such as technology, retail and healthcare.
Their deep expertise in your niche and the environment you operate in will not only meet your requirements the best but it can help you better meet the needs of your audience as well.
3. Be On Top Of Latest Trends
90% of users would leave a website that has a poor design. (HubSpot)
As people spend more and more time online, they can be good judges and can easily differentiate a good from a bad design.
And trends change so fast that your website can become outdated very quickly.
The job of every website design company in the USA is to always track the emerging trends to be able to keep its clients’ websites up-to-date.
Thus, they will incorporate the current best practices that will improve user experience and customer satisfaction while increasing the dwell time and boosting conversions.
4. Have Access To Premium Tools
Due to the fact that the best web design companies in the US live in the most competitive market in the world, they are bound to incorporate premium tools and technologies that will meet the demanding needs of their clients.
This may include research tools that study your target market needs, SEO tools that show you the keywords to focus on, analytical tools that provide you with meaningful reports and more.
All these will allow your website design company in the USA to develop a compelling product and will contribute to your project’s success.
5. Get A Step Ahead Of Your Competition
Your brand only has 7 seconds to make a first impression. (Forbes)
You can easily create your own website with the available free builders on the market.
However, only by counting on the help of a web design company in the USA you can get a professionally designed website that is unique, compelling and fully functional.
To challenge your competitors and get a step ahead of them, you need a website of premium quality, a website that grabs the visitor’s attention and impresses them.
How To Hire The Best Website Design Company In The USA
There are several key steps you need to take prior to starting your search for the right website design company in the USA:
- Determine your goals: Think about what you want to achieve by investing your time and money in a professional agency. Whether you want to increase your website traffic or boost your sales, determining your objectives will make your search for the right partner easier.
- Set your requirements: Know what exactly you are looking for. Ask yourself how many pages you need and what features and functionalities you want to see on your website. This will help you find a partner you can meet your needs and expectations.
- Define your budget: Understand how much you can allocate for a web design company in the USA. Each of these agencies charges differently and knowing how much you can spend on one can help you easily find a candidate who can meet your budget.
Then, once you determined your goals, set your requirements and defined your budget, the next step to take is to set interviews with these firms.
Go back to our US web design company list and contact each agency to set a meeting with.
Here are a few factors to take into consideration that will make your choice smoother:
- Portfolio: Go through the past work of every best website design company in the USA to get an insight into the level of experience, industry expertise and the type of businesses they works with.
- Reviews: Read the feedback of the previous customers to understand how reliable and credible these companies are as well as what results they can deliver.
- Project management: Ask about the management structure of the best web design companies in the US to see how they manage their projects and how they meet deadlines.
But before you go back to our web designing companies in the USA list, keep reading to discover the top questions you should ask each of the potential candidates.
10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Web Design Company In The USA
- What kind of web design services do you offer?
- Do you have experience in working with clients in my industry or any similar one? How well do you understand my target market?
- Can you explain your approach to the design process?
- According to our business needs, what features do you think our website should include?
- How do you stay current with the emerging trends in web design?
- How will you ensure that my website is mobile responsive and optimized for search engines?
- How do you plan to deliver the project on time? How do you manage yourself and how do you cope with deadlines?
- Who of your web designers will work on my project and what is their level of experience?
- Do you offer post-launch support and maintenance?
- How do you charge and how much will my project cost?
Last Tips To Consider Before You Hire The Best Website Design Company In The USA
The best web design companies in the US specialize in creating appealing websites that are easy to use and navigate.
These agencies have the required technical skills, understand your industry well, have access to premium tools and are always on top of the latest trends.
So, working with one of them will help you take a competitive advantage, increase your website traffic and boost your conversions.
To find the right web design company in the USA, make sure you understand your goals and requirements, set a budget, go through their portfolios and reviews as well as learn about their project management structure.
These factors will make your search less overwhelming and less stressful.
However, if you already went back to our web designing companies in USA list and still couldn’t decide on a partner, here are a few more bonus tips to consider:
- Contract: Make sure the firm you hire provides you with an agreement policy that includes data protection and product quality clauses.
- After-launch support: Work with the best website design company in the USA that wants to invest in a long-term partnership. To ensure your project’s success, we recommend choosing an agency that will be there for you once your website is launched to provide you with maintenance services.
Best of luck!